Recently I (Devilmanozzy) have taken over getting this wiki off the ground. This project is aimed at opening a new Shmups wiki that will act as a place for fans to read and post reviews to Shmups.
- (2-11-13) Imagemaps are now supported. Devilmanozzy 22:40, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
- (1-04-12) There seems to be a issue with Firefox (version 9.0.1) and the skin of the wiki. I am looking into it, tho this may resolve itself in version 10. However, Google Chrome seems to have no issues with the sidebar. Devilmanozzy 23:01, 04 January 2012 (UTC)
- (5-26-11) Well now we have added the ability to embed youtube videos on pages. I think the new spamblacklist may also have reduced the spam some too. Anyways, due to interest in this project again, I'll move forward adding a few things. Devilmanozzy 19:18, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- (12-6-10) A week ago images became able to be seen after more editing of the main File Manager. There are still issues with the skin (color scheme of the wiki), but most places are readable. More fixes to the skin to come, and after that, I'll focus on making a second skin that will be black and white scheme. Many of the platform articles are now up, and focus on the wiki will shift to setting up a template and guide to doing a shmup review. Devilmanozzy 20:55, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- (9-9-10) Oh, there have been updates, but mostly on the main File Manager. Things that are now running, well if you look to your left, you can see one in the corner :) . Another is that now Infobox templates now work. The security or better yet user status were changed as of a hour ago. Sorry, spambots, but you got to sign up now to edit here. I'm still address issues with file (image) uploader. Still we are almost got all the tools needed to make the wiki functionable. Not pretty mind you, but usable. --Devilmanozzy 04:26, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
- (9-8-10) Hi, as of 9-6-10 I (Devilmanozzy) have taken on the task of getting this wiki started. I am not new to wikis as I edit a good many at wikia since September of 2008. To read more on my other wiki history, I have a user page. This project needs help to get started, and the first issues I need help with is getting the Extension: Parser Functions uploaded, allowing images (files) to be enabled, which is something I'll have to wait for Malc to do. I am however focusing on putting up basic links and building the skeleton of the wiki. I'm aiming to take baby steps. Yes you will see me add only a bit at a time. Like ants building up a ant hill. Help and suggests are both welcome. Any suggestions may be left on my talk page. Anyways, --Devilmanozzy 11:19, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
- (4-1-10) The money I put together to get a new computer is going toward my wedding instead. I don't expect this project to have a chance of starting until at least October now unless I can scrap something into an efficient working machine. Malc, if you're still wanting something to start now, you can go ahead and find another person to start their version of this project. Otherwise, this is going to wait until I have a workspace to do this kind of thing and I'm married and stable. --DJI 12:50, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- (2-1-10) Well, the antispam stuff I tried didn't work. A page I actually use is wiped out, so I put 'protect' on against new users. The other bad news is my computer with the terminology definitions and old pages went under. Until I get the home computer working, everything is on hold. --DJI 16:57, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- (1-2-10) Got sidetracked into researching further antispam things. May as well find out how to stop the activity seen on the recent changes before there is actually content to ruin. I'll turn off anonymous IP edits if I can't figure it out. If you know anything I can use, hit me up on the thread or PM me at shmups forum. --DJI 05:03, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- (12-16-09) The discussion of the thread below is still going sorta. I just need to add to it. 'Probably won't make a move until after the holidays. You enjoy yourself. Also, blocked all kinds of a weird 'spam botnet'. Golly I wish I could write a program that just mashed keyboard keys. *shrug*
- (10-17-09) Pondering a uniform format for which to standardize all future pages. Discuss at Talk:Main_Page.
Watching nimitz as he tests all the cool shit he's doing to see what should be used in the cause.
Users are encouraged to test their own little code things.
Just remember, the whole idea is to eventually make a completed game page transferable to Xenocide files. http://shmups.com/xenocidefiles.html Adding too much wiki-only custom code will only complicate cleanup in the transfer. --DJI 22:37, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- (Official Start to the Project) Hi I'm DJ Incompetent. I'm kinda sorta organizing this project. malc gave me some keys to shmups.com and I intend to fix the data on the xenocide files. I'll quasi-blog below about how things are going until a better use for the title page is thought up. It's wise to think this project through before charging into it, so that's what we're doing. We be thinkers. Good times ^_^
Also Check out:
Project: Archive "Shoot The Core Database"